Israel Scout Caravan
Tzofim Friendship Caravan
is again coming to Dallas
July 3-11, 2017
We are looking for some host families
who can house a member of the Caravan troop
during their stay with us in Dallas.
Please look at the details at the page bottom.
For more details: Mark Zable 469-774-0110
See a preview below:
The Dallas Jewish Community has a longstanding relationship with the Caravan dating back several decades and this year we are excited to inform you that we are expanding back to 7 nights this summer.
Anyone who has hosted can tell you about the amazing relationship you develop with your guest. It’s a wonderful opportunity for your children to learn about Israel from a peer, build long lasting relationships and have friends to visit when they travel to Israel for their teen tour!
- Host family must be Jewish
- Must have at least one child in the 10 – 18 year old range
- At least one parent must be at home during the stay (This simply means that you can’t leave a scout with an 18 year old while mom and dad are traveling to Rome or some other fabulous place!)
- We will match Scouts with families of similar dietary observance
- The Caravan has activities during the weekdays, you will need to provide transportation to a drop off point in North Dallas in the mornings (before 8 am) and pick them back up in the late afternoon/evening. For those that live in Frisco or further North, you are welcome to drop your scout at my home which is near Parker & the Dallas North Tollroad in Plano.
- There are a few evening activities which host families will be invited to join.
- Spend time with your Scout as a family. They are here to learn about America and build relationships with you as well.
- There is an annual host family orientation within a month of the Caravan’s arrival where will we be able to share which Scout you’ve been matched with.